Writing Assignments

Jump start inspiration 

1. Go to the movies
  2. learn new lighting techniques
  3. Look at popular blogs
  4. Listen to favorite music
  5. see an art show
  6. Shoot my family
  7. Tell a story in 5 pictures
  8. shoot an ordinary item
  9. Join a photo walk
  10. reproduce art

Social media trends

The first method is to create a short video that shows the viewer what you’re promoting while still getting straight to the point. This can be accomplished via an Instagram reel or a Tiktok video. The second option is to make long-form videos if you don’t want to make short and fast videos. YouTube, for example, will undoubtedly be the best option. Making videos to clarify what kind of work I do and why I enjoy it would be a good way to integrate this into my brand. The third option is to use social media platforms such as Instagram and Snapchat to share short stories about your business. The fourth choice is to use social media sites to host live events. This may be a useful technique.

Broad Museum critique

Nathaniel Mary Quinn - Pure Insecurity, 2019, oil paint, paint stick, gouache, soft pastel on linen canvas

After searching the broad museum this picture catches my eye because of how weird it looks. At first i thought the face were organs but if you look closer it looks like a face. To me the red is his lips and the thing in the middle is his nose.

Photography job search 

A job that i would be interested in is the photo studio assistant. I would take this job because i will get to experience a photo shoot and help set up the shoot.  They are hiring in Ontario for full time. They want 1 year photo experience. Some benefits are health insurance and paid time off.

Review 2 articles 

In travel photography there are many categories like landscapes, portraits, still life and action. Randy kerr is a travel photographer who travels far away from his home. He has been a lot of national publication and has gotten achievements. Reading this has showed me how it could be fun to have a job like this because you are traveling and seeing new things.

John tlumacki Is a photojournalist who is a veteran. Other than photos he also takes videos. he was the first to shoot in digital at the globe. Shooting for journalism can be very risky because you could be in the action.

100 most influential pictures

30 Years After Tiananmen, 'Tank Man' Remains an Icon and a Mystery - The New York Times

Looking at the 100 pictures, this picture stood out the most. The picture was shot by Jeff Widener on 1989. A men was literary getting grocery and decided to step in front a tank. I am surprised they didn’t gun him down and they didnt find out who it was. I’m not sure why he decided to do that maybe he wanted to fight back against the government.

This photo has a impact on me because of how courageous he was and how he wanted to fight against the government that can sometimes make wrong decisions. When i saw  this pictures my emotions were funny, proud, and sad. i felt this way because i found it funny one man stopped 4 tanks but i also found it sad because of all the people that died.

Why is photography important 

According to the article Photography is important to collect meaningful moments in your life. Photography can be a hobby or a carrier and you can start at any age. If you want it as a hobby it is a good way to learn more about composition and lighting. There are a bunch of things you can learn.

If your not into traveling photography can inspire you to travel more. People who never thought of traveling picked up a camera and had dreams of traveling. Photography can also collect memories, this could be a party or just a place you visited. It also became essential for history because we can learn from those photos and change the future.

Critique of silver list  

Hugo Teixeira- His work is very impressive and creative. I like how he uses cutouts to make a picture. He mainly does different landscapes and puts them together. His website is pretty basic with a white background and he just has projects and about me page.

Raymond Thompson-  From looking at his website you can tell he likes to use smokes in  photos. His website catched  my eye because the smoked showed texture and made his photos look dramatic. The good thing about his website is that he has categories and very creative names for the pictures.

B&H shopping spree

1. Canon EOS 5D Mark IV DSLR Camera $2,499, I will need this equipment to take the pictures
  2. Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Lens $1,899, To shoot from short distance
  3. Canon Speedlite 600EX II-RT $499, To make a subject lighter
  4. Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM Lens $2,099, To shoot from a far distance
  5. sanDisk 128GB Extreme PRO UHS-I SDXC Memory Card $30, to store the photos
  6. Adobe Creative Cloud (12 Month Subscription) $239 To edit the image
  7. Canon LP-E6N Lithium-Ion Battery Pack $67, spare battery incase it runs out
  8. Magnus TR-13 Travel Tripod with Dual-Action Ball Head $69.95, to make camera shoot still and shoot in lower shutter speed

reasons to be a photographer

The reason being a photographer is a good job because  you can be your own boss. This means you can make your own schedule and charge however you want.  Another reason is their are many fields in photography like advertisement and wedding. Photography is a good stress reliver and is a great job for someone who is creative.